Windows 7 Compatibility
Eclipse is supported on Windows Vista/7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 with the following considerations:
- Each user must have full security access to the Eclipse folder.
- The ADAM 4561 USB to Serial Converter is not compatible in 64-bit Windows. See below on connectivity options.
- In some cases, Eclipse will need to be run in compatibility mode. See below on how to configure this.
If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows 7/Server 2008 R2, please note:
- The ADAM 4561 USB to Serial Converter is not compatible. You must use an Ethernet to RS485 Converter - we recommend the B&B ESR901 converter. Click here for setup instructions.
- Special setup is required for SQL Server ODBC connections. The ODBC Administrator tool in the Control Panel manages data source names (DSNs) for 64-bit applications. Since Eclipse is a 32-bit application, you must use the 32-bit version of the ODBC Administrator tool. This is located at: C:\Windows\SysWoW64\Odbcad32.exe (where C is your system drive). You can read more from this Microsoft Support Article.
Eclipse will run on Windows 7, but two options must be set:
- Right-click on the Eclipse shortcut and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box for compatibility mode and select "Use XP Compatibility".
- Check the "Run as Administrator" box.